UPDATED 3:05 PM PT – Sat. March 23, 2019
New Zealand officials ban the manifesto allegedly written by the suspect in last week’s mosque shooting. Reports on Saturday said the country’s Office of Film and Literature Classification announced the more than 80 page document is “objectionable under law.”
New Zealand’s chief censor said there’s an important distinction between legal “hate speech.” and a publication “deliberately constructed to inspire further murder and terrorism.”
The ban forbids any citizen from possessing the document, or sharing it on social media. The document was posted on social media, and sent to the office of the prime minister prior to the shooting on March 16th.
Original Source -> Report: New Zealand bans suspected shooter’s manifesto